This one is more for the bloggers out there especially the ones who use WordPress, so if that isn’t you, feel free to skip this post.
I’ve always known I needed to have the “Pin It” button available for my posts. You know the button in the top left corner that shows up when you hover over a photo that allows you to “Pin” or “share” the content on Pinterest.
So what do you need to make that little “Pin It” icon appear on your photos? There are two options (I use the second one).
- Build It: Here are the instructions directly from Pinterest…This one takes a little more time. I didn’t really want to figure out where to paste the code so I YouTubed method #2 (below), but if you know where to paste it then this is a good option.
- Go to the widget builder.
- Select Image Hover in the Button type section.
- Customize the size and shape of your button.
- Preview your button by hovering over the sample image. You can also click the Pin It button to see how it works.
- Once you’re satisfied with the button, copy the code under the Copy the code section.
- Paste the code just above the closing </body> tag of each page where you want the button to show up on your site.
- Use the Plugin “JQuery Pin It Button for Images”: It’s simple, go to the “Plugins” tab on your WordPress dashboard. Click “Add New.” Type in “JQuery Pin It Button for Images.” Download and activate. You can also use a customized icon by going to settings, clicking the JQuery Pin It Button for Images. Scroll down until you see “Custom Pin It Button” and upload the icon you want to show up.
I know, I know, I’m probably a little behind on this, but for the few of you who are like me and didn’t know how it works, hopefully this helps.