I signed up for a trial of Social Media University from Rachel Pederson. She walks you through the different steps she took to become a successful Social Media Manager. In the course she gives tips and strategies about social media managing as well as the different social media platforms. Naturally me learning about Instagram I watched that section first. It was pretty informative. The part that I was like…”What? How did I not know about this?” Was when she mentioned hashtags and brought up this crazy cool app I’d never heard of. It’s called Tag O’ Matic, a helpful hashtag app (you can find it in the App or Play store).
How It Works:
It really is super simple!
- Download the app.
- Connect it to your Instagram account.
- On the top it says “search related tags.” Type in your niche or the subject you’re posting about.
- This is what comes up after you click search (I searched for “entrepreneur”). It’s a list of current, relevant, popular hashtags in each category.
- You can select the hashtags you want by clicking the circles on the right.
- On the bottom left you’ll notice a “3/30,” you’re allowed up to 30 hashtags per post (I recommend using about 20ish).
- Again if you refer back to the photo you’ll see on the bottom it says “go to Instagram.”
- When you click on that, you’ll get transferred to your Instagram account, the app will automatically copy your list of selected hashtags on to your clipboard.
- Paste them as the first comment on your photo (or where ever you were planning on putting them).
- You’re done.
It really is that easy, it’ been super helpful! No more looking up on google, no more manual hashtagging, just a sped up process for hashtagging!! 🙌🏼👏🏼🙌🏼👏🏼🙌🏼👏🏼
I haven’t written a specific post on hashtags, (I probably should get on that) but I did write about them in this post here if you’re interested in learning more about hashtag strategy.